Annual Grant Awards
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Hellenic Foundation of Chicago will hold its 2021 Annual Grant Awards celebration on Wednesday, December 15 at 7:30 PM CST via YouTube and Facebook. The second annual virtual event will acknowledge this year’s grant recipients and recognize the endeavors of the 2020 Hellenic Foundation grant recipients as well. The Honorable Anthony C. Kyriakopoulos and Anna Davlantes of WGN Radio are this year’s co-hosts.
More organizations than ever are benefitting from the Hellenic Foundation’s annual grant awards program. This year, 17 organizations were given grants to help fund 20 programs. The Hellenic Foundation initiated its Grant Program in 2016 to help fund programs, projects and organizations that serve Greek and Pan-Orthodox organizations in the Chicago area. To date, the program has awarded more than $1.6 million to worthy organizations.Register for free
Registration is free for this online event and is open to the public.
2021 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 13th District Order of AHEPA Scholarship Foundation
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church of Kankakee
- Chicago Greektown Educational Foundation
- CrossRoad Institute, Inc.
- Daughters of Penelope 13th District Scholarship Foundation
- The Greek American Rehabilitation and Care Centre
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
- Hellenic American Academy
- Hellenic Link-Midwest
- National Hellenic Invitational Basketball Tournament (N.H.I.B.T.)
- National Hellenic Museum
- PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation
- St. Iakovos Retreat Center
- St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in Des Plaines
- St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church of Palatine
- St. Sava Academy
- Vladimirovo Sunday School
This year’s celebration will also showcase the impact that the Hellenic Foundation award has had on some of last year’s recipients. During the event, participants will see how the award has benefited the St. Iakovos Retreat Center, the Lighthouse, and the TelosGamma initiatives. Specifically, viewers will be able to see the new outdoor basketball court at the St. Iakovos Retreat Center; learn about the new Lighthouse program, which is a week-long summer camp ministry of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago for recent high school graduates; and hear about TelosGamma’s initiative to nurture the spiritual and religious lives of young adults in the Chicagoland area.
For questions regarding the 2021 Annual Grant Awards, please contact Peter E. Valessares, Executive Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-551-2300.