WATCH THE EVENT
The Hellenic Foundation’s 2021 Annual Grant Awards celebration was held on Wednesday, December 15 at 7:30 PM CST via YouTube and Facebook. The second annual virtual event acknowledges this year’s grant recipients and recognize the endeavors of the 2020 Hellenic Foundation grant recipients as well. The Honorable Anthony C. Kyriakopoulos and Anna Davlantes of WGN Radio are this year’s co-hosts.
More organizations than ever are benefitting from the Hellenic Foundation’s annual grant awards program. This year, 17 organizations were given grants to help fund 20 programs. The Hellenic Foundation initiated its Grant Program in 2016 to help fund programs, projects and organizations that serve Greek and Pan-Orthodox organizations in the Chicago area. To date, the program has awarded more than $1.6 million to worthy organizations.
GO BEYOND THE event
This year’s celebration showcased the impact that the Hellenic Foundation award has had on some of 2020 and 2021 recipients. Watch the extended versions of the impact highlights below to see how the award has benefited Lighthouse, St. Iakovos Retreat Center, TelosGamma, and the St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church initiatives.
FEATURED IMPACT VIDEO – LIGHTHOUSE
Last summer, Lighthouse Chicago launched their first annual camp session at Carroll University. Lighthouse is a week-long summer camp ministry of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago designed to walk high school senior graduates through an Orthodox understanding of vocation and arm them with the tools they need to hold fast to their faith during their college years.
St. Iakovos Retreat Center
St. John the Baptist
2021 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 13th District Order of AHEPA Scholarship Foundation
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church of Kankakee
- Chicago Greektown Educational Foundation
- CrossRoad Institute, Inc.
- Daughters of Penelope 13th District Scholarship Foundation
- The Greek American Rehabilitation and Care Centre
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
- Hellenic American Academy
- Hellenic Link-Midwest
- National Hellenic Invitational Basketball Tournament (N.H.I.B.T.)
- National Hellenic Museum
- PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation
- St. Iakovos Retreat Center
- St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in Des Plaines
- St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church of Palatine
- St. Sava Academy
- Vladimirovo Sunday School
For questions regarding the 2021 Annual Grant Awards, please contact Peter E. Valessares, Executive Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-551-2300.